Overview of Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority
Established in 1985, Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) is one of the leading free zones in UAE and the entire Middle East. The free zone lies between Al Maktoum Airport, one of the world’s largest cargo airports, and Jebel Ali Airport, the seventh-largest port in the world. Such a prime position places the free zone at the centre of trade and creates a unique ecosystem that provides companies with end-to-end solutions and massive growth opportunities.
JAFZA provides you will all the right resources to help you take advantage of new opportunities with trade partners, logistic services providers and suppliers. Whether an international or local investor, infrastructural support is all you need to run your company at reduced costs, boosting overall profits.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority: Vision
As one of the biggest free zones in the Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) area, JAFZA is dedicated to maintaining its status as a powerful symbol that aids the growth of Dubai. To ensure it achieves that, the free zone provides new, exciting and limitless opportunities to investors and developers.
Jebel Ali Free Zone has attracted some of the most reputable companies across various sectors over the years. The Dubai-based free zone aims to become the primary business drive that promotes economic growth in Dubai and the entire UAE. That’s why it provides a unique, value-added business setup that has always been captivating for all business sectors across the globe.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority: Business Setup
Being one of the sought-after free zone locations in UAE, setting up a company in JAFZA provides a perfect podium for your business to flourish. The company setup process is relatively quick and straightforward, especially if you are well prepared before setting everything in motion. Typically, it will take 2 to 4 weeks to complete Jebel Ali Free Zone company setup.
You will need the following documents to register your JAFZA company:
- Application form
- Business plan (brief summary)
- Copy of your passport
- Board resolution letter
- Official letter from parent company (for branches)
- Bank reference letter
Procedure for business setup in Jebel Ali Free Zone.
- Complete the application form
- Find suitable office space for your business within JAFZA
- Submit documents (lease documents) to the JAFZA
- Open a UAE bank account
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of 500AED
Upon the approval of your application form, you will receive business approval documents from the free zone authorities. Once all these processes are complete and have an office for your operations, you will receive a license, usually within 2-4 weeks.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority: Benefits of Company Setup in JAFZA
Setting up a company in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority opens up your business to many opportunities that inspire business growth. Here are some of the top benefits of JAFZA company setup.
- Possibility of complete company ownership for business holders
- It is simple and straightforward to set up a company in the free zone
- Even without a physical office, multiple visas are permitted
- There is no minimum capital requirement
- There are no currency restrictions/limitations
- There are no corporate or personal taxes
- No custom duty interferences
- Modern highways, and other infrastructure, that provides connection to places all over the globe
- Easy to sponsor dependants
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority: Formation Types in JAFZA
There are three primary formation types’ categories for companies being established in JAFZA. The classification is based on the number of shareholders. Here are the three company formation types in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority:
- Single Shareholder Company – This is a formation type for a single individual or business entity. It provides the flexibility to register as a Free Zone Establishment (FZE). The entity has a separate identity from its shareholders and is entitled to the same rights and advantages as a natural person.
- Multiple Shareholder Company – As the name suggests, a multiple shareholder company is a formation type for companies with multiple shareholders. Shareholders can be non-people (2-50 companies), people (2-50 individuals) or both. That, essentially, makes it a Limited Liability Company (LCC) with the free zone.
- Branch Company Setup – Option for well-established companies with intentions to set up a branch in Jebel Free Zone Authority.
Jebel Free Zone Authority: Company Formation
Same as any other place in the world, you need a license to run a business in UAE. JAFZA issues various kinds of company licenses:
A trading license is essential for a company with plans to carry out trading activities within JAFZA.
If you plan to establish a business that offers services, your company needs a service license. The license ensures that you carry out your activities legally in JAFZA.
An industrial license is granted to businesses in the manufacturing domain. If you plan to open a manufacturing industry that imports raw materials, assembles, manufactures and exports finished products, you can perform your operations legally by getting an industrial license.
National Industrial License
Issued to companies in the manufacturing industry, where at least 51% of the owners are national(s) of a GCC country.
Businesses that plan to carry out online buying and selling activities must hold an e-commerce license Dubai
Offshore Registration License
For investors with intent to establish an offshore limited liability company (LLC).
This license has been issued for companies in the innovation domain, which involves the development of new products and services.
Typically, license renewal Dubai takes between 2-4 weeks and costs the same as registration. To renew any of these licenses, you need an updated audit report.
Need a Hand With Company Setup in JAFZA
Do you need help with business setup in Dubai? If yes, look no more.
Our specialists would help simplify all the processes required when setting up a company with JAFZA. Starting a business in a new market can be challenging, and acquiring a business license from a foreign authority makes it even harder. Dubai free zones understand this; that’s why it provides clients with complete services, including bank account opening, license application, and general business setup processes in Dubai.