Set-up a company in Umm Al Quwain
Umm al-Quwain may be the best free zone as it is at the beginning of its development. Opportunities are limitless and the emirate offers modern infrastructure to foreign companies.
Umm al-Quwain, a small emirate that keep growing
Umm al-Quwain is the second smallest emirate in UAE and the least populated. Located between Sharjah, Ajman, and Ras al-Khaimah it is only 45 km away from Dubai. Umm Al Quwain has always been living from fishing and growing dates. The city’s port is one of the most important places in the emirate.
Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone, a free zone for a new start
Umm Al Quwain offers quality services and support. Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone (UAQ FTZ) is located on the west coast of the United Arab Emirates near the port of Ahmed Bin Rashid. It has 845 meters of quay and 1,800 square meters of industrial land. Umm Al Quwain has a very stable economy and an authentic way of life. There you will be able to reach your objectives whether you choose to work locally or globally. Find out all you need to know about Company Setup in UAQ Free Zone
Request A Call Back
Umm Al Quwain Free Zone – UAQ – Company Formation
Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone (UAQ FTZ) has been designed to be a welcoming and forward-thinking free zone, specifically catering to the needs of SMEs and micro-businesses. These entities can take advantage of cost-effective establishment processes, complete ownership of their companies, and the absence of currency restrictions. Conveniently positioned just 45 minutes away from Dubai International Airport, UAQ FTZ offers a strategic location for businesses.
Strategically located, UAQ Free Trade Zone is near major sea ports in the UAE and is easily accessible within an hour’s drive from both Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport. This ensures businesses located in the free zone have seamless connectivity to global markets.
Starting Business in UAQ – Umm Al Quwain Free Zone
UAQ Free Trade Zone is located in the smallest Emirate of the UAE but offers all the facilities that larger free zones are proposing. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone has attracted businesses that are looking for affordable business licenses, offices and warehouses and other facilities.
What benefits does UAQ FTZ provide to investors?
Investors in UAQ FTZ can capitalize on a business-friendly environment tailored for SMEs and micro-businesses. The zone’s commitment to providing a progressive atmosphere fosters growth opportunities for companies of varying scales. With an emphasis on ease of access and connectivity, UAQ FTZ facilitates efficient trade by being within an hour’s drive of both Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport, contributing to seamless international business operations.
- Flexibility and ease of doing business.
- Customer-friendly approach.
- Investor-friendly climate
- Excellent growth opportunities.
- Cost-effective leasing options for office space and warehousing.
Types of licenses in UAQ Free Zone
UAQ Free Trade Zone offers many types of licenses:
- Commercial License: import, export, distribution and storing of items specified on the license. A Commercial License can have three different product lines or 10 similar product lines.
- General Trading License: trade in a wider range of activities, giving the freedom and flexibility to trade in any commodity which is permitted within the UAE.
- Consulting License: entities which offer expert or professional advice and is issued to all manner of professionals including artisans and craftsmen. It allows two similar activities.
- Freelance Permit: this allows an individual to operate as a freelance professional, and conduct business in one’s birth name as opposed to a brand name or company.
- Industrial License: import raw materials, then manufacture, process and transform, assembling, and package the specified products then export or sell in the local market as finished product.
- Service License: carry out the services specified on the license within the Free Zone, such as Logistics; Courier Services; Insurance Service Provider; Travel Agency; Tour Services; Car Rental etc.
Cost of Company formation in Umm Al Quwain (UQA) Free Zone :
|License & Visa Eligibility||Package Cost 1 st years||Package renewal fee|
|Micro Business Lyte – 0 Visa||AED 8,000||AED 8,000|
|Startup Business License – 2 Visas||AED 13,500||AED 13,500|
|General Trading Lyte – 2 visas||AED 20,500||AED 20,500|
|Standard License – 3 visas||AED 20,500||AED 18,500|
|Premium Standard – 4 visas||AED 32,500||AED 30,500|
The time frame of the company Formation is between 3 to 5 business days and the process can be done remotely so the presence of the shareholders and directors is not required.
Several items to be considered with the above packages such us:
- Residence Visa fee: AED 2,520 per applicant
- E-channel registration: AED 2,400 | Renewal fee: AED 1,400
- Medical checkup: VIP process AED 850 | Normal Process AED 450
- Emirates ID application fee: AED 390
Authorized Currency: Local currency United Arab Emirates Dirhams (AED)
Minimum Capital Min requirement: AED 100,000
Maximum Capital requirement: No limit
Release of Share Capital: It is not required to deposit the share capital when the company is registered.
Dependent residency visa: Family sponsorship
After obtaining the Investor / Employee residence visa, the applicant can sponsor his family members and get them a residency as dependents, the requirements are as below:
– Sponsor Original Emirates ID
– Sponsor Passport + visa copy (Original/Color copy)
– Salary Certificate-Arabic (from authority) OR Labor contract
– Ejari /Registered Tenancy contract OR / TITLE DEED + Dewa bill or FEWA Bill
– Dependent Color passport copy
– Marriage certificate/birth certificate (attested from home country, MOFA and translated to Arabic)
– Clear PP size Photo
Cost of the residence visa for dependent
For a wife / husband / child dependent of a partner or an employee
– Residential Visa fee : AED 2,650
– Medical check: AED 850
– EmiratesID: AED 390
– Letters & NOC’s: AED 250
– Our fees: AED 2,500 ( Adult ) and AED 1,250 for child less than 15 years:
TOTAL package for spouse: AED 6,350
TOTAL child<15ans: AED 5,100
We are one of the largest and most trusted business setup consulting firms in the UAE. We assure you of the best service for business setup in Dubai.
For more information on UAQ Free Trade Zone services, contact us on: info@FreeZoneMarket.ae
We provide a wide range of business setup in Dubai and UAE for businesses and companies. We offer a wide and diverse range of services to our clients!