Business formation in Dubai Free Zones has become popular. Starting a business in Dubai Free Zones comes with advantages such as 100% foreign ownership, zero currency restrictions, full repatriation of capital and profits, and more. Each free zone has its own set of regulations and processes. Note that businesses registered under a free zone cannot operate on the mainland.
Dubai has more than 30 free zones offering different business setup activities and solutions. Below is a perfect guide on how to start a business in Dubai free zones:
Major Business Licenses in Dubai Free Zones
Obtaining a business license is important when starting a business in Dubai free zones. Free zone authorities provide the following licenses:
- General Trading License: with this kind of license, investors can trade all types of commodities, apart from several regulated goods which need special approval.
- Industrial license- this license permits businesses to do activities like manufacturing, packaging, and processing.
- Trading/commercial license: Trading license allows companies to do trading activities such as buying, selling, importing, and exporting a limited number of products as per the trade license and selected activities.
- Service license- this type of license is acquired by companies that want to deal with accountancy, consulting, Media activities, and much more.
Dubai Free Zones offer other business licenses. Be sure to consult a company formation in Dubai that can provide an exhaustive list of licenses issued by each free zone.
Documents Required for Business License
- Shareholder’s, Directors and Managers’ passports and visas copy
- Application form to be filled
- Business plan:
- Board Resolution ( Branch company)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A)
Types of Businesses Allowed in Dubai Free Zones
Free Zone Establishment (FZE)- registered with a single shareholder or one corporate shareholder
Free Zone Company (FZC)- registered with two or more shareholders.
Branch Office- a company with a business in a foreign land or the UAE can establish a branch in Dubai Free Zones.
6 Simple Steps to Start a Business in Dubai Free Zones
- Selection of the business activities
- Choose which free zone fits your needs
- Choose the Trade name for the company
- Select the office facility: Flexi Desk, Physical office, or warehouse
- Gather all the necessary documents and apply for a license
- Choose a financial institution and open a corporate bank account
If you want a faster business setup process in Dubai Free Zones, reach out to FreeZoneMarket.ae consultants. Our team of professionals takes care of all your business formation needs.